Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Because I have been lucky to have my dad in my life for 21 years, I decided to share 21 lessons I have learned from him...

1. When someone does something nice for you say "Thank you kindly"
2. The 4 wheelers and go cart DO NOT go on the roads.
3. Lazy is as lazy does.
4. Snack size candy bars must be present in the house at all times.
5. Cleaning out the sheep barn at 6 a.m. will not kill you.
6. Mow the grass so that the clippings will blow on top of what you have already cut.
7. Fire extinguishers make great gifts and should be located in all rooms of the house.
8. Spend time with those who are mentally disabled. Just because they have a disability doesn't mean they are not human.
9. Children need a "back yard" to grow up in.
9. When staying at a hotel, it is important to know where you closest fire exit is.
10. Beef is best if it comes from Jim Wasko.
11. Driving a 4020 is easier than you think.
12. Always make friends with your neighbors.
13. Work first, then play.
14. Money isn't everything, but it stinks if you can't pay the rent. (I believe he learned this one from Glen Smith)
14. Just because someone is a stranger, doesn't mean you can't say hello.
15. Vacations to Disneyworld are not vacations.
16. Take care of your car. (Have emergency blankets, clothes, first aid kit, tool kit, scoop shovel, the whole nine yards in there)
17. Drive defensively and always wear your seat-belt with your lights on.
18. Save your money.
19. Boys are nothing but trouble.
20. The History Channel is always playing something good (and educational)
21. Laugh.

I love you Daddy! I have also learned from you that there is "no place like home"
Missing you today even more than I have been.

Happy Father's Day!
I am blessed to have you in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Angela! Your father is a very wise man. This post is full of greatness. Thank you for sharing 21 insightful lessons any of us readers can value from greatly. Great photo that is a proud dad!

    ReplyDelete