Saturday, June 25, 2011

Fish Fest Event

 Fish Fest is a music festival featuring a variety of Christian artists.
TOMS set a booth up to inform people about the One for One Movement.
Here is myself, Katie, and Katherine in our matching tees and TOMS.
It was such a neat experience to see people looking at the shoes with huge smiles on their faces. 
I love working for a company where I can open up our giving report and say:

We have given over 1,000,000 pairs of shoes to children in need since September 2011.
We give shoes to children in need so they can receive an education and stay healthy.
We are a company based on giving to others.

How can you not persuade people to buy a pair of TOMS with this supporting material?
 Our booth was next to one of the three stages.
Katie was excited that we could stand in our booth and see John Mark McMillian.
I got really excited when he started singing one of my favorite songs: He Loves Us.
I had no idea he wrote it. (cherry on top of the night)
I love these two girls.
We had some great conversations about our faith in God.
I strongly believe that God places people in our lives to teach us and help us grow as a person. I can't thank God enough for giving me these two remarkable individuals this summer.
 We made friends with these guys from Collaborative World.
Collaborative World is a for-profit apparel company that exists to support the non-profit organization.
Check out their website to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment