Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Zoo

Today we had our first bill writing workshop followed by our trip to the zoo. The delegates got to see the famous giant pandas and were pretty impressed! We then came back to the center and had our delegation action think tank stimulus workshop (community service project.) My group has decided to put on a day camp called "Go Green." They came up with a lot of good ideas and outlined the plan that they will put into play when they return home to Iowa. I then led my committee meeting followed by the derby outside.

At our PA dinner team meeting tonight we discussed information for tomorrow, which is Capitol Hill Day. My bosses hand out an award each week for someone who "has put on a brave face and dealt with something they should not have had to, but did." I received this award because I had to wait for my bus an extra hour yesterday and also helped a delegate who had a personal problem today.

Excited to be on the hill tomorrow and meet with IOWA representatives with my wonderful group!

No comments:

Post a Comment