Thursday, June 11, 2009

Shear Madness

Today we went to Arlington, Iwo Jima, and WWII. My bus driver's dad actually fought in Iwo Jima, and was injured, so I gained an another perspective on that memorial. Each time I go to WWII memorial I make sure to talk to a WWII vet who is there. Today I talked to a sweet old man and his son from Kentucky. (He reminded me of my Papa Charlie because he couldn't he very well, if at all) Came back to the center and had congressional session. Then got ready for culutural heritage night. Half of my group went to the baseball game in Balitmore and the other half went to Shear Madness at the JFK Center for Performing Arts. I got to go to the play and found it very entertaining. Waking up early to get in line for Holocaust Memorial Musuem tickets...should be interesting to see all the security... Following museum we are going to the Pentagon for a tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment