Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's TUESDAY!

Today started off with a bill writing workshop. My group is writing a bill setting restrictions on illegal file sharing. They were are well educated on the subject and all participated in the large group discussion I lead. Following bill writing we went to the National Cathedral for a tour. We then came back to the center and worked on action plans. The action plans are the community service projects they create while in DC, and then take back to their hometown and apply it. Also had committee meetings and Capitol Hill orientation. I love my group this week. They have so much energy and are so fun! My head chaperon, Henry, is one of the coolest and chaperones yet.

On another note, I had a bittersweet moment today. I realized that in one month I will be done with my internship. This experience as a whole has been so amazing to me. I think of all the people I have met and will continue to meet, as well as all of the opportunities I have presented to me each day. I am so thankful to live out one of my dreams - Living and working in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment