Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Capitol Hill Day

Today my group meet with Representative King from Iowa (who went to NW!) on capitol hill, along with the head of the women's legislature committee and her husband who played professional football for the Denver Broncho's. Following the meeting with their rep. we went to the Supreme Court building and received a lecture about the Supreme Court Chambers. Went to Union Station for lunch. Then the group split up to accomadate the needs of what everyone wanted. I had about 10 ten girls follow me and we walked all over the national mall. Started out by going to the Hart Senate building to meet up with a second cousin of a delegate, followed by the Library of Congress, National Musuem of Art, National Museum of Natural Science, National Museum of American History, National Archieves (where the DOI, BOR, and Const. are kept) then to the Old Post Office, back to Capitol Hill, Union Station, the White House, and Pentagon City Mall. I think I can honestly say that I was all over DC today - but it was fun and I learned a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment