Monday, May 16, 2011

Blessed.

I have some BIG news.

I am interning this summer in Santa Monica, California for TOMS Shoes!

Remember all of my posts about Blake Mycoskie, the founder of TOMS Shoes coming to speak at my campus?

Well, after the lecture, we were talking and he sent my name to the head intern coordinator at his company.

I have been interviewing with them for the past month.

I got a call this afternoon offering me a position.

I am beyond excited and thankful for this opportunity!  The last month has been stressful because a lot of people have asked me what my summer plans include.  I didn't want to go into the lengthy story of my situation and quite frankly I wasn't sure if I would be able to attain an internship that so many people sought after.

However, God had a plan for me.  A plan that tested my patience. A plan that is an opportunity of a lifetime.

God keeps reminding me to say to myself - "Not my will, but Yours be done."

So anyways, I still have a lot of logistics to figure out, but I am so excited I can hardly function.  Please keep me in your prayers as I embark on this new chapter of my life.

P.S. I start on June 9th.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the internship. I could tell from your posts earlier about TOMS that you were passionate about the company and their mission and it seems that God was listening.

    Good luck. As someone that lives in California, be prepared for any kind of weather....and the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The One for One movement is moving forward feverishly. Its a fine example of how the world is truly good at its core.

    ReplyDelete