The last month of college I neglected a lot of the friendships I have.
You know how it goes.
Too busy for this, too busy for that.
Always concerned about myself.
The other day, I read this Bible verse:
"Regard one another as more important than yourselves." Phil. 2:3
As humans, we tend to get caught up in ourselves. (Me in particular) We are blinded from the needs of others. Jesus, the Savior of the World, was a perfect example of someone who regarded others more importantly than himself.
In an effort to be more like Jesus, I have set a challenge for myself.
I am trying to contact the ones who mean the most to me and spend time with them.
It may be a lunch date,
a skype date,
a phone call,
or an e-mail.
Some type of effort to focus more on others and less on me.
The picture up top was taken this past spring break. How sweet it is to have a Heavenly Father up above who loves me despite all of my weaknesses.
Great post Miss Angela! This is a message we all can benefit from hearing. I have a friend of a friend who, for lent, called a friend or family member she hadn't talked to in a while every single day. We often think of lent as a time to give up ourselves of something we enjoy to show the Lord our love and devotion, but I thought it was a fantastic way to think of lent as a time to bring joy and love to others.
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful standard to hold yourself too. I'm also glad we were able to spend some phone time together the other night.
-KatieEE
I agree that this was a great message for your readers. Sometimes we all get so busy and caught up in everything that we are trying to do that we forget about some of our closest friends. It even gives me the motivation to contact a friend that I haven't talked to in a while.
ReplyDelete