Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Quilts

Here is a look at the items my parents purchased for me as a keepsake from the Amish sale.

The first is a rug and I am obsessed with it.  I love the colors, design, and the fact that it was only $2.50.  No one even bid on it, but me.  My mother thinks it is strange looking.
This was a quilt that my mom and I spotted due to its unique design.  I thought it had a lot of fun colors.  

$55.

Every stitch in that quilt is hand-stitched. 
 And finally my favorite. 
Isn't it beautiful?

The woman who made it has 16 children.

Yes, you read that correctly. 16.

They were in need of money and she was hoping it would bring a good dollar.

We did pay more for this one, but it was worth it.

Once again, hand stitched.  How many small squares do you see?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Angela, on the internship!! I am so happy for you. I know you will be a wonderful asset to the company.

    Beautiful quilts!! Couldn't wait to see them on your blog.

    Diane Smith

    ReplyDelete