Her name is Shawn Johnson and she was one of the lectures that I brought in this year for SAC Speaks.
She arrived in Maryville around 5:00 PM and then had dinner with myself and a few other members of SAC. We then went to NW and she had a quick press conference followed by her lecture.
She talked about her experiences in gymnastics, with the highlight being the Olympics. She also talked about her experiences on “Dancing with the Stars.”
If you want to meet a sweet and humble girl, it is Shawn. She greeted everyone with a smile and introduced herself as if she was just a normal person. Her parents traveled with her and they are your normal family from the Midwest. I was highly impressed by Shawn and so was the crowd. Over 700 people were in attendance ranging from three year olds in gymnastics who idolize Shawn to college students to elderly couples.
It was a HUGE success and I couldn’t have done it without my wonderful SAC team! Thank you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment