Friday, December 17, 2010

ESL Graduation

They did it!
My Japanese conversation partners completed the English as a Second Language Program at Northwest!

Ami Higuchi, Misato Kamimura, myself, Yuko Wahei, & Mitsuyo Sugai

Yesterday was their graduation ceremony. I was in complete awe to see how honored they were to receive their certification. Tears, laughter, smiles, and lots of hugs.

They were ecstatic.

So was I.

I am so proud of them. They worked so hard to learn the English language.


I felt like their mom yesterday; taking pictures of them receiving their diplomas and comforting them when they were in tears.

Saying good-bye was hard. They have grown to be close friends of mine. I love the time that I spent with them and will truly miss them. They gave me the sweetest card that left me in tears. Their plane leaves tomorrow AM for Japan. Please say a prayer for safe travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment