Wednesday, March 9, 2011

my busy wednesday

Whew....this is seriously this first time I have sat down alone today.

Today was busy. I was all over the place.

I had to wake up a tad bit normal than usual this morning because I was asked to be a guest on a
St. Joesph radio talk show.

The first half hour of the show was President Dr. John Jasinski and athletic director Wren Baker. The second half hour was Amy Nally (director of volunteer and service learning) and myself.

We discussed the various volunteer opportunities on the Northwest campus/community and our upcoming Alternative Spring Break trip to Pensacola, Florida.

Here are a few pictures from the radio station.


This afternoon, the Newman Catholic Center offered Ash Wednesday Mass and I distributed the ashes.

Then I spent the rest of the day in class, appointments, all that good stuff.

Tonight we had a SAC Entertainment Event: David Garibaldi. This guy is unbelievable. He creates 6-foot portraits of famous people, set to music, in just a few short minutes.

My favorite: President Obama.

While painting, he had fun upbeat music playing and phrases of Obama's speeches from the 2008 presidential election.

I should remind myself of Obama's famous quote when I am feeling completely exhausted (right now)

"Yes, we can!" only I will change it to..."Yes, I can!"

Yes, I can...make it through this week, school year, and college! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment