Ahhh...aren't they lovely?
They are TOMS. Maybe you've heard of them. Maybe you haven't.
If you haven't, I am going to give you the 411. These shoes are worth knowing about.
TOMS shoes is a One for One Movement.
For every pair of shoes you purchase, a pair of shoes is donated to a child in need.
Can it get much better than that?
Yes, it can. How about having the founder of TOMS shoes, Blake Mycoskie, come to your campus to speak as a distinguished lecture?
Yep, that's right folks. Blake Mycoskie is the fourth SAC lecture. He originally was supposed to come in December, but he got called to do a shoe drop in another country and unfortunately, he had to cancel.
I was heartbroken when his lecture was cancelled, but filled with twice the excitement when we were able to reschedule. Blake Mycoskie will be speaking at Northwest on Monday, April 18th, 2011.
I am soo soo sooooo excited for him to be coming to our campus. I am passionate about the movement that is taking place with TOMS shoes. I firmly believe in the mission of the organization.
I have been in contact with the TOMS Speaking Tour Coordinator, Elise, to help with promotional ideas. It is my goal to have our performing arts theatre sold out. I do not want an empty seat in the house. This movement is too inspirational for people to not hear about. I will reach my goal. I am determined.
Watch this video to get a better understanding of TOMS.
40% of the world's people don't have shoes. I bet that a lot of people in America have over 40 pairs of shoes.
Next time you're thinking about buying a pair of shoes, consider TOMS.
My first pair of TOMS. Just chillin on the bus. Washington, D.C.

No comments:
Post a Comment