When I first started college, I was nervous to be moving from "The Hawkeye State" to the "Show-Me-State"
It was a hard decision to not attend college in the state of Iowa. I was the ONLY one going to Northwest from my high school. I had spent the past 18 years of my life in Iowa, the place I called home. To change this lifestyle was scary.
The day I moved to college, I was sick to my stomach. I cried on my bed and told my mom I thought I was making a mistake.
My mom convinced me that "no matter where you go, there will always be great people."
Gosh, she is so right.
Today, as I was driving back from Iowa I realized that Northwest is my current 'home.' In my three years at Northwest I have made so many friends and had many wonderful experiences. I smile from ear to ear when I think about the memories I have made with my friends. I am so thankful for having professors that I can talk to about my homework and my personal life.
Now, I'm not going to lie to you. I was hardcore homesick my freshman year of college. There would be nights I would cry myself to sleep and days I thought about transferring.
With the help of friends and a willing attitude, I made Northwest my home. I made it a place where I belonged and where I felt needed.
Tomorrow night, is the last time I sign up for classes. Crazy, huh?
Stay tuned to see what "Welcome Sign" I will be standing in front of next.
No comments:
Post a Comment