My beautiful roommate Natalie turned 21 on Sunday. I wanted to make it a memorable birthday party for her because she does so much for other people and doesn't always receive recognition.
We celebrated Saturday night with some of our close friends, even though her birthday was Sunday.
On the table, you will see all the desserts. Banana walnut cupcakes with cream cheese icing, cake balls, almond bark covered popcorn, and brownies.
Natalie's drink request was margaritas. My sister Teresa gave me a great, quick recipe that I made the night before the party. I put the margaritas in a punch bowl and topped it off with limes.
I decided to make labels for the water bottles. They say "Natalie's Hydration Station." (Of course, it was her 21st birthday, so we needed to make sure she was drinking enough water ;) I designed them on my computer. Super easy and quick.
I told the birthday girl that at five o'clock she had to head upstairs and stay there until until 7:30 p.m. I felt like I was grounding her, but wanted the decorations to be a surprise and I wanted the guests to be there before she came down stairs.
A little after 7:30 p.m. I went upstairs to grab the birthday girl, I made her keep her eyes shut after she got downstairs. All of our friends were gathered around the table quietly waiting until I gave them to the cue to start singing "Happy Birthday." These next few pictures are her reaction.
After we sang, we all dug into the tacos, beans, and Spanish rice that were waiting for us in the kitchen.
Following dinner we had her open up gifts.
Our friend let us borrow his karaoke machine. Throughout the whole night we were singing. We had some good singers...and some not so good singers. Bryce was definitely the best.

Because Natalie didn't actually turn 21 until Sunday we held off going to the bar until midnight. Of course time slip past us and before we knew it, it was 12:30 a.m. (Bars close at 1:00 a.m.) As we were walking in, I told Natalie to get her ID ready so I could take a picture of her getting carded. She replied...
"Oh no...I forgot my ID."
Not a problem. We jump back in the car and headed home to grab it.
The ID is nowhere to be found.
MIA.


No comments:
Post a Comment