Day 2: First day of work.
Task: Take down a forest. Yes, you read that correctly. The land that we cleared was basically donated to Habitat for Humanity.
The ten lots would retail for about $40,000 each, but a sweet old man cut HFH a deal at $2,500 per lot.
Savings of uh...ehh you can do the math.
Bargain.
I wish I had a before and after picture. We seriously took down the forest. Homes will be going up soon.
The director for HFH was highly impressed with us Bearcats.
"What your team did in one DAY would have taken my normal volunteers one MONTH."
Wow. Must be that Midwest work-ethic.
After taking down the forest we headed back to the camp and laid out on the beach for a bit. Then we cleaned up and headed into Destin for some ice cream. Before heading into town our friend Elizabeth took some pictures of Nat, Roz, and me. I love them. Enjoy.
My absolute favorite. Doesn't this look like a professional took it? That girls got talent.

No comments:
Post a Comment