Sunday, March 27, 2011

Alternative Spring Break: Day 1 - Sunday

Well...here we are sitting at the bar waiting for our margaritas!

Just kidding! This is ALTERNATIVE Spring Break, folks. We volunteer our spring break. We don't party, but we do play hard.

Sunday was our 'fun' day. We got to pick what we wanted to do for our activity.

The majority of us decided to go parasailing.

It was incredible.

High up in the air, overlooking the big beautiful blue ocean without a care in the world.


I went parasailing with Natalie. In the picture on the right you can see us being dunked into the water.

When I say dunked, I mean it.

I drank ocean water.

My mouth was open because there was a family of jellyfish swimming right where they dunked us. (I was screaming)

No stings. No worries.

After parasailing we had lunch overlooking the ocean. I indulged in some fabulous shrimp with a baked sweet potato. Yummy!


Following lunch we went snorkeling.

I hated it.

It freaked me out that I could breathe underwater. I let my mind play tricks on me.

That's me with my hands on my hips debating whether to get out or not.

The rest of the afternoon was spent on the boardwalk, taking photos and of course laying out on the beach.




We headed back to Camp Timpochee pretty early that night. We arrived in Florida about 1:30 a.m. Saturday morning. Traveling in a charter bus always takes longer than one expects.


We needed our rest to ... ... ... you will find out tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment