Monday, October 4, 2010

My Curtains and 5 Pts.

Here are my curtains for my room. I took a piece of string, old hankies, and small clothes pins to hold it all together. I like it because it is different than 'traditional' curtains and it brings a lot of color into my room. I still don't know if I am crazy about the solid yellow color, I am looking for a replacement.

I attended a career pathing session on campus today, which is a way for you to improve your work skills and to eventually receive a pay increase. The lady gave a talk about putting your whole self into life and leadership.

She made 5 good points that I would like to share with you.

#1 Give ALL
#2 See beyond the actions and behaviors of everyday life
#3 Notice Others
#4 Move forward - movement creates momentum
#5 Appreciate NOW

I love going to leadership sessions/conferences where you feel as if your battery has been recharged. It puts my focus back into perception.

If it is one of these 5 points that I need to focus on, it is moving forward. I can get stuck in a rut with an idea that I have in my head and over analyze it until I am sick. It is time to move forward with my life, and appreciate the present.

So..I am thinking about chopping my hair off...Any thoughts? Suggestions? Yes? No?

No comments:

Post a Comment