Well look at these two. This is my mom on her wedding day with her good friend, Diane Smith. They have remained friends throughout the years. I have many fond childhood memories of playing over at the Smith's house . We would play dress-up in the basement, have tea parties with our American Girl Dolls, and of course play outside making pies out of mulberries. If it is one thing I will always remember Diane Smith for, it is her AMAZING carmel bars and fudge. She is an excellent baker. This second picture was taken on Saturday, when Diane, my mom, Teresa, and I went out for Chinese food in Emmetsburg.
Thank you Diane for all the times you let us Wasko girls come over to play, the many meals you have made us (and pans of carmel bars), and for continuing to be a family friend. I am so glad you and my mom have remained friends throughout the years.
What a surprise! You stinker!
ReplyDeleteI echo your mom's surprise. It was great fun seeing you over the weekend. Thanks for inviting me!
ReplyDeleteChristmas and fudge will be here before you know it. I look forward to making some for your family.