Thursday, October 14, 2010

4 stitches later...

On Tuesday, I was cutting up chicken for stir-fry. However, I accidentally cut my finger.

Bad.

I quickly wrapped a towel around it. The blood kept oozing out and wouldn't stop. So, I put it above my head for a half an hour and it was still gushing. Called my mom who said to go get it looked at.

The doctor took a look at it and said "Oh that's deep, it won't stop bleeding" I asked him if I could have the superglue stitches and he shook his head...

Next thing I knew I was laying down and they were numbing my finger. Ouch. He put 4 stitches in. I didn't cry or pass out! I am so proud of myself!

On a happier note. I had the BEST birthday ever. Throughout the whole day I had many surprises, including a box of Georgetown Cupcakes from DC. I had so many heartwarming moments yesterday that nearly brought me to tears. Thank you for all the cards, balloons, e-mails, phone calls, cupcakes, cakes, Facebook messages, gifts, flowers, hugs, texts, etc..

I am so blessed to have such amazing friends in my life. I am nearly in tears as I write this because I am still overwhelmed from everything yesterday. God has put some exceptionally thoughtful people in my life. I can't wait to see what He has in store for me this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment