Friday, April 29, 2011

World Wish Day!


It is World Wish Day for the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

The Make-A-Wish Foundation grants wishes everyday of the year, but today is a special day to commemorate the anniversary of the wish that inspired the creation of what is now one of the world's leading children’s charities.

I had the privilege of interning with the Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-Atlantic last summer where I helped coordinate wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions.

I helped plan a variety of wishes. Including shopping sprees, room make-overs, trips to Disney World, and my favorite - trips to Washington D.C. to meet President Obama.

This picture is from a Wish Party that I was able to attend. Zoe wished for a lap top to play Dora the Explorer games on while she was receiving treatments in the hospital. She got a lap top and so much more thanks to the generous donations of many Make-A-Wish Foundation sponsors.



The smile on her face says it all.

You can find out how you can donate to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and more information about World Wish Day by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment