Thursday, June 17, 2010

The pink computer..

No, this isn't a wish child. But it is a cutie that followed me at a store I was at tonight.

Today at work I worked on thank-you letters for people who graciously gave gifts for two wish kids. I then started a packet for a girl whose wish is to have a pink laptop computer. Fun, right? However...she speaks Spanish so her packet/itinerary must be in Spanish..I took two years in HS...I will figure it out :) Sad part about this whole computer thing is that the computer she is receiving was supposed to be another little girl's but she died before they gave it to her. It has never been opened, so it isn't re gifting. I am going to upload games, and pictures, and put iTunes on it for her. She will receive it on Saturday before her chemo treatment.

I also got to submit a "celebrity wish request" for a little boy who wants to meet Johnny Depp. I will let you know when his people talk to our people :)
We have two wish coordinators in our chapter. Together they have over 300 wishes that need to be granted within the next couple of months...sad. Everytime I open up folders it is a child who is suffering from cancer, a brain tumor, etc. Be thankful for your health.

We also had a "rush wish" submitted today. That means that the child needs to have their wish done ASAP. The wishgranter volunteers were meeting with the child tonight and planning will take place all day tomorrow.

I live 3.2 miles from where I work. Today it took me an hour to get home. There was a huge accident on Connecticut Ave and traffic was jammed. I finally got off the bus and just walked the rest of the way home.

Tonight, Jake and I went to the Adams-Morgan neighbor and grabbed some food. I was craving breakfast for dinner so we ate at The Diner and I had delicious pancakes. We walked around and went into a few shops and people watched.

This is a picture of the Duke Ellington Bridge in Adams Morgan.
Mom, can you make sure that Koezen's see this picture...it is an apartment complex

best wishes,
ang

No comments:

Post a Comment