Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tuesday

Wrote a bill this morning about restricting file sharing and then headed to the National Cathedral. Came back to the center and did action plans, lunch, derby, town hall, and actions plans part two. Capitol Hill orientation went well and we have a big day ahead of us!

Our delegates this week from the New York Life Scholarship need a lot more structure and guidance as opposed to previous weeks. They also want to be referred to as Lil P, Word, and Princess... just to throw a few names out. I keep telling them that I will refer to them by their actually name. They call me "Miss Angela" for some reason or sometimes even "Teacher"

Looking forward to going to NYC this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I read of your summer experience in the good old RD today, Angela. I started with your oldest post and just now read here to the "present". What an amazing summer you are having. You've surely gained some amazing people/organizational skills, working with such a variety of individuals. You've been absorbing much culture! Had to chuckle, as you watched the 4th unfold in DC, we drove to Poky to park just off Airport Road to watch the fireworks over Elbert Park. No security issues in our town, though. Kelsey and her husband drove 10hrs to Mt Rushmore for fireworks over the monument...but fog rolled in, and the show was cancelled. Some 30,000 disappointed people! Kelsey said she couldn't bear to look into people's eyes as they left the park, people were so disappointed. You had the best seat in the nation, it sounds like!

    I've been to DC once, so it's fun to picture you "tooling around town". I'm sure your family can't wait for you to share more of your experiences with them. You're an amazing young lady, and we can see why you were chosen as one of nine to be part of this internship program. Best wishes as you finish your degree!
    Nancy Brinkman

    ReplyDelete