Woke up at 5:30 am to get in line for Washington Monument tickets for my group. They took White House pictures, Holocaust Museum, Washington Monument, and Smithsonian Museums. We took the metro home. If you want to have people stare at you - lead a group of 53 students through the DC metro during rush hour. It's great fun.
While they were at the museums Darielle and I went to the Freer and Sackler Gallery of Art and saw some really cool exhibits. One was of the Tsar's and was really interesting. We had lunch with our friend Brian who has an internship with the US Treasury. So, we met up and ate at the USDA cafe. Then we went to L'Enfant Plaza followed by Pentagon City mall where I believe I got a concussion. I hit my head hard on this electric box in the metro when I sat down. I have a giant goose egg on my head and felt nautious after it happened.
Had talent show, closing ceremony, and then the dance. Indiana is gone!! In comes my group from Texas!
No comments:
Post a Comment