Oh what a day! I guess I have been very spoiled this whole summer and blessed to have such amazing chaperons. My chaperons this week are really oblivious to the fact that they are supposed to be responsible for the children they bring. For instance one my chaperons budged all of my kids in order to get the best seat in the Supreme Court lecture, brought everything NOT allowed in the capitol, (after we had spent a whole 30 minutes the previous night explaining what you can and and cannot bring) ditched our red coat led tour of the capitol and wandered around (which is illegal!!!) and are always completely unaware of helping 53 high schoolers cross busy intersections. ( I serve as crossing guard this week as well) I have never met adults in my life who do not listen to directions like these folks do.
But other than that.... the kids had nine different meetings with 9 different representatives from the state of Indiana. It was difficult to arrange and organize who needed to go when are where but it was done! We had a capitol visitors tour and then headed to union station for dinner. Following dinner we went to the Air Force Memorial and listened to their band play. The music was amazing and it was just what I needed to help to calm me down after a stressful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment