Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sotomayor

Today started off with taking my Texas Delegation to the Library of Congress, lunch, and then for their appointment with their representative. They didn't have me on the list for the Capitol Tour so instead I got in line for tickets to sit in on the confirmation hearing for Sotomayor. I was number 18 and they cut off at 20 for the first group. It was a neat experience to see all the cameras, news reporters, senators, and even Sotomayor herself! The Senator from Pennsylvania drilled on her questions about abortion.

After that I went back to the Library of Congress and got a library card and then I sat on the hill and read my book. My Washington group had a White House Tour and that is all planned six months in advance. So, I kind of had the afternoon off.

Had dinner at Union Station, started to head for the bus when we hear that there has been GUN SHOTS on capitol hill...oh great! Our bus picked us up and we headed to the Air Force Memorial. On our way we drove past where the shooting took place and saw the news crews swarming the place. Tonight the Air Force played classical music, it was ideal.

1 comment:

  1. I saw Brad Paisley Monday night at the Lincoln Memorial as well and was sitting on top of one of the double-decker tour buses waiting to leave union Station when the car chase began literally right next to the bus I was on. We watched the chase until it disappeared behind some trees and then heard the gun-fire.

    ReplyDelete