Sunday, July 5, 2009

Friday, Sat, Sun

Friday I woke up at 5:45 to get in line in order to get Washington Monument tickets for my group. The line was over a mile long, but I was in the first 50 people and was able to obtain 45 tickets. The group spent the afternoon on the mall. Had lunch with Katie, Darielle, and Jordan at Old Ebitt's - an amazing place to eat near the white house. Talent show took place at night, closing ceremonies, and then dance.

Sat. Woke up and said good-bye to my Missouri group and then got ready for the 4th! Began the morning off by having a brunch at an Arkansas senate staffers apartment. Went to the 2 hour long parade - it was amazing! Bands from all over and different cultures were represented throughout the whole parade. Had lunch at this amazing brewery (I'm taking the gang who is coming at the end of July there!!) Went to Corey's apartment on the George Washington University campus and walked around for a bit. Headed back to Capitol hill, went through security and sat on the hill from about 5:30 - 9:30 pm. TONS of people, thousands everywhere!! The concert was so much fun! Everybody was singing and dancing too Aretha Franklin, Natasha Benigfield, Barry Manilow, the Sesame Street cast and many more. The National Symphony played patriotic songs throughout the whole firework show!! It was the best firework display! It was a great way to spend the 4th!

Sunday - woke up and had breakfast. Laying in bed till my group from Indiana comes

Happy Birthday Mom!! I love you so much and can't wait to give you a huge hug on July 25th when I pick you up from the airport!!

No comments:

Post a Comment