Loved my trip to Washington, D.C! It reaffirmed how much I enjoy the city. (This blog post is the abbreviated version of everything we did)
Our take off from Omaha on Friday was SCARY. It had been freezing rain and snowing throughout the day. As we sped off the icy runway, we were zig zagging. I looked over at Danielle and asked if she needed the barf bag. She was as pale as a ghost. After we got in the air, we were fine. We arrived to DC earlier than expected and were greeted by my friend, Jordan. The subway runs right through Reagan National, so we jumped on and headed to his place to get ready.
New Years Eve was AMAZING. We went to the Adams Morgan neighborhood (which is the bar district of DC) We didn't actually go to the bars, but hung out at my friend Kyle's apartment. A little bit before midnight, we went to his rooftop balcony and watched as the city celebrated the new year. At midnight, every taxi cab blew their horn, people in the streets screamed, and fireworks went off in three different places of the city. Crazy! 

Tuesday: Capitol Tour, Library of Congress, Supreme Court, lunch in Chinatown with Jordan, Kyle, and Catharine, went up in the Washington Monument, Frozen-Yo, shopping, and then headed back to pack and head to the airport.
I took no pictures on Tuesday...what was I thinking???
I miss the diversity, the fun restaurants, the fashion, the fast pace, the men in business suits, the metro, my list could go on and on.
As our plane took off last night a tear rolled down my face because I didn't want to leave, but then I thought... I will be back.
I know I will be back.
Saturday: We went to the National Archives, Washington Monument, White House and National Christmas Tree, Arlington National Cemetery, and Old Town Alexandria. It was absolutely beautiful this day. We had light jackets, but took them off throughout the day because we got warm.
Yummy old-fashioned ice cream in Old Town.
Sunday: Church, Georgetown University, Georgetown, Georgetown Cupcakes, 2 Amy's Pizza, IKEA, drinks with my former boss, Molly.
Monday: American University Law School visit for Danielle followed by lunch with Keppler Speakers for me (I tried bison for lunch) Holocaust Museum, night view tour of the monuments and memorials. After night view we went to dinner at "The Diner" and all got pancakes. Then we met up with my former boss, Freeman, and got drinks at a bar and watched the VT/Stanford game.
I'm pretty amazed with this picture I took.
Tuesday: Capitol Tour, Library of Congress, Supreme Court, lunch in Chinatown with Jordan, Kyle, and Catharine, went up in the Washington Monument, Frozen-Yo, shopping, and then headed back to pack and head to the airport.
I took no pictures on Tuesday...what was I thinking???
I forgot how much you have to walk in DC. I am so exhausted! We didn't stop. We tackled DC.
I miss the diversity, the fun restaurants, the fashion, the fast pace, the men in business suits, the metro, my list could go on and on.
As our plane took off last night a tear rolled down my face because I didn't want to leave, but then I thought... I will be back.
I know I will be back.
No comments:
Post a Comment