I am missing so many things right now. Particularly friends...I didn't realize until my friend Ashley Hillier came up to visit this weekend how much I miss her (and so many others) constant presence in my life.
Ashley and I lived on the same floor freshman year. Our friendship really developed when we were both selected to be a part of the ambassador program. Ashley is one of those girls who can make anyone feel comfortable in any situation. She is beautiful both inside and out. We always used to go to mass together. We would sit in church and scope out any cute Catholic boys. Whenever we talk about guys, the conversation usually contains the words, "he is Catholic" or "he is not Catholic." She transferred to University of Central Missouri last fall.

Mariah was the first person I met my freshman year. I still remember the day like it was yesterday. My parents had just said their good-byes to me. Our floor was going to eat dinner together in Bearcat Food Court. I didn't want to go, but had to, so I walked my teary eyed, red face out to the 5th floor lobby. Mariah was sitting on the arm of the couch with her hair in a ponytail. I don't remember who said what first, but we instantly hit it off. While we were eating a girl sitting next to us said, "Are you girls rushing?" We looked at each other, laughed and replied no. We enjoyed our chicken strips and fries while she was munching on a salad.
There is no way I would have made it through my freshman year if God did not put Mariah in my life. She was my rock when I was homesick. There is something about her personality that relaxes me and puts me at ease. Mariah transferred last fall to William Woods University.

(This was my first picture taken at college)
I'm missing these people and so many others. I feel as if some of the people who are my closest friends and know me the best live the furthest away. I know that some of you are reading this, and you know how much you mean to me. So, lets set up a Skype date!
"In life God does not give you the people you want. He gives you the people you need; to teach you, to hurt you, to love you, to make you laugh...to make you exactly the person you should be."
No comments:
Post a Comment