Today we practiced commentary all day and routes. We had a new associate's luncheon with the president of council as well.
When we were at WWII memorial I saw 5 or 6 vets standing by the Missouri pillar. I went and talked to them and told them how I attend school at Northwest. They were very excited and one actually used to live about an hour away from Maryville. I walked away with tears in my eyes. This one old man's eyes were filled with tears and he explained to be how humbling this was to him. The other vet was sitting in a wheelchair holding a picture of him in the service. Each time I visit the memorials I am reminded of how fortunate we are. We take so much for granted. These cute, old men who served in WWII were so touched by this memorial. This is a life changing experience no doubt...
No comments:
Post a Comment