Most of our morning consisted of learning how to facilitate our delegation think tank simulations. We also discussed our key note speaker presentation. In the afternoon we there was a Council Associate Recognition Party. I got to speak with a lot of other people who work for the organization as well as dine on some very tasty food. It was fun to see how much time and effort people put into their jobs here and how much they love it. The PA's then met with the CEO of 4H, Don. He was friendly and just wanted to get to know us on a personal level. I also learned that my first three weeks of delegations will be groups from Iowa!!!!!
Tonight after supper Jordan, Darielle, and I went and explored DC some more. We took the metro down to DC and got off at Chinatown. We walked around and shopped a bit, walked past National Archives, Treasury Building, Supreme Court, and lots of other buildings of importance. We then decided to walk up to Capitol Hill. Seeing the capitol really makes you feel like you are in the center of DC (which you truly are) and part of the city. I am getting comfortable with riding the metro around and finding my way around the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment