Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5 Hours at Memorials/Monuments

Today we were introduced to the rest of the staff working for CWF as well as a tour of the campus. They are all extremely friendly and so excited to have the program assistants here. Things get bigger, yet smaller everyday. We went and toured Jefferson, Lincoln, Korean, Vietnam, as well as FDR memorials. Those are a main chunk of our actual "tour guide" title. We will give those on Monday nights. I am really excited to learn the commentary that goes along with the memorials. We are all studying away for our test that we take on the 26th. It is fun driving by buildings such as where Obama attended church services on the day of his inaguration, the Watergate Complex, and all the Embassys.

Jordan (from GA) and I are in charge of Promotions and Event Planning for our specific committee. Therefore, we are in charge of overseeing and executing the talent show and auditions. He is so friendly and has so much energy so I am definitely excited about that. Otherwise we went for a walk tonight to Bethesda, MD tonight - so many beautiful mansions! The gardens and landscaping in this whole area is absolutely unbelievable. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment