Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Busy, But Amazing Day!!

Today we went to Arlington National Cemetery, Iwo Jima, and WWII memorials. Watched changing of the guards at Arlington. Absolutely amazing to see how much "pagentry" goes into the whole show. Everything today reminded me of my dad and how much I know he would appreciate everything. (He is a history junkie) We came back to the center for lunch and than had an hour break. Went to the capitol (my favorite!!!!) followed by Library of Congress, Supreme Court Building and learned the routes for those. Then we went to TWILIGHT TATTOO!!!!! Which is amazing!! It is put on by the army and is a showcase of their band and military drill team. Walks you through the history of how the army has evolved and then brings out each states flag. Very patriotic and moving. I love DC - I love driving around and passing by the white house five to six times a day - it is amazing! Headed to the National Cathedral tomorrow morning

No comments:

Post a Comment