Go Bearcats! Headed down to KC with friends to cheer on the Bearcats to another victory! Each year NW plays Pitt State at Arrowhead Stadium (where the Chiefs play) We tailgated before, but spent most of the time in the car because it was cold out!
Natalie, Ashley, and I left after the 3rd quarter to beat traffic. We were heading to Omaha for the night.
Natalie offered me a ticket to see "How The Grinch Stole Christmas The Musical" with her. How could I pass that up?!? I
LOVE musicals! I would much rather watch a musical than a football game any day... :)
We got to Omaha at around 8 PM and met up with her parents to go out to eat for her dad's birthday.
The next day we woke up and did some power shopping. I have not bought clothes since AUGUST! That is by far the longest I have ever gone. I was going to try and make it a year, but lets be realistic...that is impossible. The Grinch was A-MAZING! Ohh, did I mention our seats were in the front row? You could hear each individual voice, every facial expression, every blink of the eye. I LOVED IT!
Don't worry, I didn't break the law and take pictures during the show..I got it off the Internet. But this is exactly what it looked like. The costumes were amazing, the dancing was phenomenal, and there was even snow during the last song.
We got back late last night and I had to wake up early this morning to go to AAF-KC Career Day in KC. It was a great way to network with a lot of business professionals and see what internship and job opportunities are available.
I enjoy going to workshops/conferences/career days, but after them I am exhausted. It is mentally draining. It stresses me out thinking about my future. I have no idea where my life will be in six months, but that's okay.
One thing that really strikes me is how many of the professionals say "be good at one thing." Just one. Focus on it. That's it. That is all you will get to do.
No! I have so much I want to do and I feel that I posses so many different attributes. I know that you can't do everything, but I at least want a job that has variety.
Now I am completely exhausted. I just want to sleep. Good night. Wake me up when it is Christmas.
Natalie, Ashley, and I left after the 3rd quarter to beat traffic. We were heading to Omaha for the night.
Natalie offered me a ticket to see "How The Grinch Stole Christmas The Musical" with her. How could I pass that up?!? I
LOVE musicals! I would much rather watch a musical than a football game any day... :)We got to Omaha at around 8 PM and met up with her parents to go out to eat for her dad's birthday.
The next day we woke up and did some power shopping. I have not bought clothes since AUGUST! That is by far the longest I have ever gone. I was going to try and make it a year, but lets be realistic...that is impossible. The Grinch was A-MAZING! Ohh, did I mention our seats were in the front row? You could hear each individual voice, every facial expression, every blink of the eye. I LOVED IT!
Don't worry, I didn't break the law and take pictures during the show..I got it off the Internet. But this is exactly what it looked like. The costumes were amazing, the dancing was phenomenal, and there was even snow during the last song.
We got back late last night and I had to wake up early this morning to go to AAF-KC Career Day in KC. It was a great way to network with a lot of business professionals and see what internship and job opportunities are available.
I enjoy going to workshops/conferences/career days, but after them I am exhausted. It is mentally draining. It stresses me out thinking about my future. I have no idea where my life will be in six months, but that's okay.
One thing that really strikes me is how many of the professionals say "be good at one thing." Just one. Focus on it. That's it. That is all you will get to do.
No! I have so much I want to do and I feel that I posses so many different attributes. I know that you can't do everything, but I at least want a job that has variety.
Now I am completely exhausted. I just want to sleep. Good night. Wake me up when it is Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment