Jordan and I decided to take a weekend trip to Ithaca, New York to visit our friend Katie.
Katie, Jordan and I worked together in DC for National 4-H Council as program assistants.
She recently took a job at Cornell University as a coordinator for agriculture in the classroom.
Katie has a heart of gold and an upbeat demeanor that I envy.
She showed us around the beautiful - hipster - organic only city.
When we got into town, we watched the sun set over the lake.
This is going to sound really cheesy -- but as I sat on the rock and looked at the beautiful sunset, I got so emotional. Tears came down.
I had just left DC, life was a mess but I had this sense of peace looking at the Lord's beautiful creation.
Words can't describe how comforting it was.
The next morning we went to a farmers market.
Uhhh look at these flowers!
Seriously.
Gorgeous.
I wanted to play in them.
lots and lots of produce, including blueberries.
Jordan and I tried the apple donuts and slushies.
Yum.
few more photos from insta.
do you see how big those carrots are in the bottom right hand corner?
The best part of the whole trip was probably the wine tour.
The Finger Lakes have a ton of wineries.
The wineries are located around the lake, so you find a DD, stop when you want and pay $3 each time to sample about six different kinds of wines.
The scenery was beautiful, the weather was perfect and the wine was tasty.
On our last day, we went and saw the gorges.
"Ithaca is gorges" is a little slogan they use in NY.
Clever, right?
It was a wonderful trip.
A bit stressful at times as I had my final interview for TOMS one day.
My dear friends were so patient and accommodating with my nervous tension.
Love those two and can't wait until we are reunited again.








No comments:
Post a Comment