Monday, August 20, 2012

it will be hard before it gets easy.


Well, I have arrived in los angeles.

My friend from college picked me up at the airport and took me to her apartment where I will be staying until I find an apartment.

I literally think I am crazy. My life is a chaotic mess.

My car was shipped out here and will be arriving around 4 PM which probably means 8 PM because traffic is always bad here… so I am just assuming it will be a delayed delivery.

Yesterday I went apartment searching with my future roommate.  After our first appointment I almost died.

An accident took place right in front of me.

I don't know exactly what happened because at that moment, I saw my life flash before my eyes.

We were stopped at a red light, I think a car ran a red light and the man to the left of us was turning.

The man who ran the red light hit the car turning.

It must have been just the right angle, speed and timing because his car went flying and did two circles in the air. I'm not joking.

The car was coming right at Melissa and I.

I literally thought ... okay ... I am about to die because this car is going to land on me and crush me.

The car landed one foot in front of us.

I didn't know what to do because I knew the man would be dead and I didn't think I could compose myself.

Luckily, someone else was nearby and rushed to his aid.  Pulled him out and he was alive.  With blood over his face of course.

I must have had every guardian angel with me. 

--

I start work tomorrow.

I am apartment searching again today. Please pray that I find something. Please.

The hardest part of it all is not having my mom or dad here with me.

Or my sisters.

I just love my family so much and miss them terribly already.

I told my mom not to cry when she said good-bye to me at the airport.  Tears swelled up in both of our eyes.  (tears are in my eyes as I type this now)  

I walked up to security with tears rolling down my face grateful for my parents who have given more than I could ever imagine but so heartbroken because I am living so far away from them.

I know this is a transition stage and that things will get better, but right now it is hard.

Prayers please. 

3 comments:

  1. Diane Smith20/8/12 9:19 AM

    Prayers are coming your way, Angela!! It is hard now, but you can do it!! You are one tough Iowa farm girl and will adapt well once you get settled. Thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you Angela. Sounds like a very intense afternoon. You are in my thoughts and will continue to be. You can handle this transition. I have no doubt in my mind. You are a strong girl with a lot to offer this world of ours.
    Stay positive! And most importantly stay YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela.... your words touched me. So raw and open. These days are stretching you to do more, accomplish more, be more... ignore the cliche :). You have accomplished much and I trust God will show you joys each day, among the rocks you find yourself climbing over and around. The bumps are what we climb on. We will be a little bruised, but also stronger and have a clearer view of what He has for us. Blessings and praying for your new home.

    ReplyDelete