Wednesday, September 22, 2010

so much to be thankful for..

Today a little Josh Groban came on Pandora radio when I was getting ready. This song really struck me and stayed with me all day. Here are a few of the lyrics...

Somedays we forget to look around us.
Somedays we can't see
The joy that surrounds us
So caught up inside ourselves
We take when we should give.
So for tonight we pray for
What we know can be.
And on this day we hope for
What we still can't see.
It's up to us to be the change
And even though we all can still do more
There's so much to be thankful for.

Sums it all up, right? I forget to look around and appreciative everything that I have been given. I get stressed and forget what is important in life. I am trying my best to thank God throughout the day for the small surprises he throws my way. I have been blessed with such a wonderful family, friends, education, talents, my health and skills...the list could go on forever.

My friend April reminds me that we can plan out our life and try to make things the way that WE want them to be..but God's plan is so much bigger, and so much better than anything we could ever dream of.

In him we have obtained an inheritance having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will. Ephesians 1:11

No comments:

Post a Comment