Sunday, August 1, 2010

sunday...goodbyes

I went to mass this morning followed by a non-denominational service with April in the Chinatown area. She has told me throughout the whole summer that they have great music, so on her last day we went! It was good and I enjoyed myself. I thought that the pastor was talking extremely loud (which he was) and she explained to me that you become used to it overtime. He had a great message...but could have turned his voice level down a few notches.

Then we had our goodbye lunch and went to this really neat restaurant. I can't think of what it is called, but it serves Portuguese food. It was beautiful inside. Check out how cool the lighting is!After lunch we went into H&M for the "last time" of the summer...sad.

Then we headed back to center and I took a nap while she finished packing.

Later in the evening I met up with my friend Chase and we went to the free evening show at The Kennedy Center. Tonight it was the Washington Children's Gospel Choir singing. They were really good and were having so much fun performing.
I had to say goodbye to April and Chase, two of my close friends that I made this summer. It was hard, but I am so thankful that God put them in my life.

"Every goodbye makes the next hello closer."

That is the quote I used to get through my freshman year of college. Whenever I had to say goodbye to my mom I would always think that. Think I will have to remind myself of that quote these next couple days...

No comments:

Post a Comment