Monday, August 2, 2010

newseum and my favs.

Anyone who is studying journalism could spend a week in the Newseum. I have been wanting to go all summer and finally went today. I enjoyed it a lot, but some of the exhibits were heavy. When I say heavy, I mean the pictures were very graphic and broke my heart...especially the Pulitzer Prize photos.This is the front page of all the major newspapers the day after 9/11.

After the Newseum I met up with my friend Jordan and we grabbed lunch and said our goodbyes.

I am all packed and checked in for my flight tomorrow...ready or not....I am on my way home.

I am so thankful the opportunity I had this summer to live in Washington, DC again. I am a very lucky and fortunate girl. I have been exposed to so many different things this past summer and have grown immensely as a person.

ten things i love about Washington, DC (in no particular order)

1. Diversity…I hear so many different languages throughout the day
2. Public transportation...it is a love/hate relationship
3. All the restaurants to eat at...Thai, Ethiopian, Vietnamese, Portuguese, Greek, etc.
4.Shopping & Fashion...especially H &M...I wish I could bring the style back to Missouri with me.

5. Free concerts and shows
6. Beautiful babies/cute children in maclaren strollers
7.Open minded people
8. The lady that I ride the 5:20 bus home with who makes the sign of the cross every time we pass by the Catholic church…she is precious.
9.The beautiful memorials and monuments
10. Wide range of volunteer opportunities

My list could go on and on…

No comments:

Post a Comment