Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Intern Project

Every once in a while we get an e-mail saying: "Intern Project"
Personally, I love them.
You (usually) get to move around, interact with people in other departments, bond with interns and of course, have fun.
On Tuesday we helped cut burlap for window displays. 
Lots and lots of burlap.
(The manager of this project likes to have fun too)

On Tuesday, I was fortunate to sit down with the vice president of my department and chat.
Her name is Tricia and she is absolutely wonderful.
Tricia has worked for Guess, Disney, Hot Topic and other well known brands.
She encouraged me to jump on as many opportunities in life that I can (even if they are opportunities I might not be strongly interested in)
She explained that within these opportunities you learn how departments work together, how to run a business, and how to treat employees.
Tricia also stressed the importance of 'enjoying the journey.'
This is a phrase I am always needing to be reminded of.
I am so blessed that the VP sat down with me for over an hour and genuinely wanted to get to know me personally.
Sometimes my mind can't even grasp the fact that I am interning at such an amazing company.

No comments:

Post a Comment