Friday, February 11, 2011

Everyone...I would like you to meet Vick


Vick is an eighty something year old who I volunteer with at The Ministry Center.

He is precious.

I didn't know how many people need help in my own community until I volunteered last semester at The Ministry Center.

Sometimes it is hard to drag my booty to The Ministry Center to work on Friday afternoon after a lonnnnng week. Then I get there and realize that giving up two hours of my time gives me the greatest joy of my week.

Volunteering makes me appreciative everything that I have. It puts everything into a different perspective.

The cherry on top of volunteering is Vick. He is as cute as a button. He loves to tease me and tell me that cookies are fat-free. Vick's job is to take the carts loaded up with groceries to the client's cars. And when I say it is Vick's job, I mean it.

He does not want your help. He can do it himself.

I think it is so neat that he has such pride in helping people out at such an old age.

After he packs all the groceries into the client's car he says...

"Now you take care, and may God bless you."

Have a great weekend!
Go find a volunteer opportunity in your own community. If Vick can still volunteer, you can too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment