Thursday, May 10, 2012

and then it hit me.

it hit me today that i am no longer a college student.

i drove to emmetsburg to work out at the wellness center. did a bit of cardio and some weights. got in the car.  picked up a few groceries for my mom. and headed home.

then a song came on the radio.

a country one.

one that i love.  one that reminds me of my friends. 

i didn't bawl.  but i definitely got choked up.

i feel so alone at home.

i miss being surrounded by my peers.

i miss having friends close by me.

i miss working out with friends.

i miss ice cream runs with friends.

some of my closest friends are an eight hour drive away.

i'm sad. and i'm going to be sad for awhile.


1 comment:

  1. It's okay to be sad, but don't be sad for too long. Don't think of them as your college friends, but just as friends. College may be finished, but your friendships aren't. I wish I had made good friends at college, but I didn't, I made them early in high school. I don't think of them as my high school friends, my friends are simply my friends. Leaving college or high school won't end friendships, but make them stronger.
    "Friends are not only together when they are side by side, even one who is far away is still in our thoughts" -Beethoven

    ReplyDelete