Monday, December 12, 2011

A note from my sister... Dance Marathon

My little sister, Jessica, a junior at the University of Iowa is studying to be a child life specialist.  She participates in an organization called 'Dance Marathon' ...

Dance Marathon is a student-run philanthropy dedicated to supporting oncology patients being treated at The University of Iowa Children's Hospital. It is a year-round organization that culminates with a 24 hour long BIG Event in February. To date, Dance Marathon has raised over $9.8 million dollars for children being treated for cancer.
(Maddie and Jessica dancing last year at the big event)

    Check out this video made from last years Dance Marathon, grab your Kleenex...
From Jessie:
As a volunteer on the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Dance Marathon is something that is very close to my heart.  This year will be my 3rd year as a dancer and I am asking for your support.  In order for me to attend the big event on February 3rd I need to raise $400.  All of the money raised goes directly to the University of Iowa's Children's Hospital.  The big event consists of 24 hours of dancing.  As a dancer, I am not allowed to sit down or drink any caffeine!  It is one of the hardest things I've ever done and one of the most rewarding!  The main theme of Dance Marathon is "FTK" which means For the Kids!  Be assured that any money donated is all, FTK.  If you happen to be in Iowa City on February 3rd or 4th, come dance with me and the kids!
Gifts to Dance Marathon are made through The University of Iowa Foundation, a nonprofit IRC Sec. 501(c)(3) organization that is structurally separate from The University of Iowa. The University of Iowa Foundation exists solely for the UI's benefit, serving as the preferred channel for private gifts to all areas of the University.
You can donate to my page online at  https://osl.iowa.uiowa.edu/dancemarathon/donate/3/1527
From Angela:
How awesome of an organization is this?
Seriously, I would organize this on my campus if I wasn't going abroad next semester.
I'm so proud of my sister.

Please consider donating to help fight cancer.

1 comment:

  1. Your sister wants to be a CCLS?? Did you know I'm one of those! So crazy!

    ReplyDelete